The Scriptpharm network is contracted to numerous Medical Schemes, as either a Designated Service Provider (DSP) or a Preferred Provider (PP).
This means that members of the contracted Medical Schemes can in some instances ONLY use a ScriptPharm pharmacy for their supply of medicines, and in other instances where ScriptPharm is a Preferred Provider, members are encouraged to use the pharmacy network as the providers have agreed to the Scheme’s specific reimbursement and professional/dispensing fee. Members who use non-contracted providers may have to make a co-payment from their own pockets should they voluntarily choose to use a non-contracted pharmacy. Non-contracted pharmacies sometimes charge more than the Scheme’s agreed fee and this then impacts on the member.
Should you as a member need guidance on selecting a pharmacy provider in your area, and who is contracted to your scheme, please call our Call Centre and a consultant will assist you in making a decision that is suitable to you and your needs.
CONTRACTED SCHEMES 2017
- Nedgroup – all options -PMB and chronic – chronic medicine pre-authorisation, DSP network management plus
- Nedgroup Wellness Benefit (HRA’s) via the network of pharmacy providers contracted with Scriptpharm
- Nedgroup Post Wellness Program
- Transmed – PMB/chronic, acute and OTC – network management
- Medihelp – PMB/Chronic and acute – network management
- MediKredit PPN (only selected network pharmacies pharmacies contracted via Scriptpharm directly are contracted to the Medikredit administered schemes)